What's for dinner? Just tap the touch screen to reveal dozens of possibilities, then gather a team of friends or family members to help prepare it. 300 recipes have been tested and perfected by the three dozen test cooks at America's Test Kitchen, a 2,500-square foot kitchen that is home to Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country magazines as well as the popular America's Test Kitchen public television show. Now their culinary expertise promises to give everyone the tools and knowhow to prepare spectacular meals - together.
- Everyone in the family can get involved. The software offers up age-appropriate kitchen tasks, so settings can be adjusted to indicate whether younger helpers are old enough to handle knives or adjust stovetop controls.
- Everyone involved in the cooking process can rate favorite recipes. When you're looking for a family favorite in the future, a search function makes retrieval easy. Users can find something for every taste and occasion by browsing the 300 recipes by ingredients, difficulty, cooking time or even calorie count.
- If the cooks in your party don't know a marinade from a marmalade, prompts appear within recipes for specific terms that they might need more information about. Users can then watch helpful how-to videos to show them what to do. Users also can hear audible instructions and use voice commands to navigate the software during the cooking process.
- If multiple people on your cooking team have Nintendo DS systems, you can wirelessly transmit select recipes to them, even if they don't have a copy of the game card. That lets you concentrate on the entrée while your assistants tackle the side dishes.
- Just as with a traditional cookbook, users can take notes. The software's handwriting-recognition feature records notes about personal touches users add to their recipes.
- All the recipes have been created by editors, food scientists, tasters and cookware specialists at America's Test Kitchen. They've taken the guesswork out of finding the best recipes, which leaves you and your assistant chefs to focus on the fun of cooking.