For owners who fear slopping Bolognese sauce on their DSs, Cooking Guide will respond to voice commands, and will repeat steps as many times as required for slower cooks. The game also includes a glossary with "in-depth illustrated details on everything from chopping techniques to explaining cooking terminology," as well as a shopping list and egg timer.
Personal Trainer: Cooking is a training title that brings gourmet cooking from around the globe to your Nintendo DS. It features a DS Chef, your own private cooking instructor who talks you through 245+ recipes from over 30 countries worldwide. It's a combination of interactive cookbook and live cooking demonstration that'll have you cooking like a pro, even if you've never lifted a ladle before.
- Cooking Guide includes more than 200 recipes from around the world. So no matter what you're in the mood for, you can find something new and tasty to make for dinner. Users can search a map by country to find regional dishes or select options for low-calorie foods, specific ingredients or short cooking times.
- Each recipe contains step-by-step directions and photos to make it possible to prepare dishes you've never tried before. Use the stylus or simple voice commands to turn the page. A tap of the touch screen lets you adjust the serving size automatically, and users can write and save cooking notes, just as they would in a paper recipe book.
- The Cooking Guide chef talks you through the entire cooking process. Recipes include photos of the dish as well as instructional videos on how to perform different cooking techniques, such as how to chop an onion or clean a fish. Users can access a handy reference function to explain unfamiliar terms and cooking techniques when they appear.
- The software includes a timer and calculator, as well as a search function to help you find what you're looking for. Cooking Guide also includes an ingredient checklist to use as a shopping list ? just put a mark next to the items you need and bring your Nintendo DS to the grocery store.
- Learn from the best! You and the Chef will collaborate on a wide variety of recipes, with videos of techniques, explanations of ingredients, and expert advice. With its innovative interface and the interactivity that only the DS can provide, it's a perfect learning tool for the budding chef.
- Shop with the Nintendo DS! As you browse recipes, just tap a box to mark ingredients you need to buy. The DS will automatically store them in your in-game shopping list. Later you can take your DS to the store and check off the ingredients as you put them in your cart.
- What do you want to cook today? Search for recipes by ingredients, calorie count, cooking time, difficulty, and more.
- Talk back to the Chef. Hands covered in batter? Keep your DS clean using voice commands to continue to the next page, repeat a step, go back, and more.