- The shadow of calamity Ganon rises over the ashes of Hyrule… Answer the call, craft your survival, and defend the legend!
- Use compatible Amiibo figures for helpful boosts on your adventure!
- As with all Zelda games, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is set in the fantastical realm of Hyrule, a world filled with a mix of familiar animals and fantastical creatures and populated by several intelligent races, chief among them the human/elf-like Hylians.
- Players once again take control of the timeless hero Link, who wakes up without any memories in the Temple of Time and gradually learns that his kingdom was destroyed long ago. Now it's up to him to journey on an epic quest to defeat the evil entity that brought ruin to his country and nearly killed him a century ago: Calamity Ganon.
- Unlike previous Zelda games, this one provides players an enormous open world to freely explore. It's filled with plains, mountains, deserts, towns, and more.
- Much of the game is focused on exploration and survival, with Link needing to gather, kill, and cook his own food and work out how to survive drastically different climates, scale cliffs, and battle monsters.
- He also explores scores of shrines, each one containing clever puzzles that need to be solved to earn orbs that will increase his stamina and life.
- There are dozens of hours of side activities that can be tackled in any order players wish, but Link's primary goal throughout is to recover his memories, grow in strength, and gather the forces necessary to confront and defeat Calamity Ganon.